One prince in the tower was a fake
IT was looking distinctly like a re-run of the old Prince in the Tower tale but customers at an Ipswich shopping mall were only momentarily deceived.Tower Ramparts Shopping Centre played host to HRH Prince William but in reality it was look-alike Mark Rattigan.
IT was looking distinctly like a re-run of the old Prince in the Tower tale but customers at an Ipswich shopping mall were only momentarily deceived.
Tower Ramparts Shopping Centre played host to HRH Prince William but in reality it was look-alike Mark Rattigan.
Center manager Mike Sorhaindo who was in the throws of his own special golden jubilee celebrations commissioned the special guest and the royal pretender went on tour in the mall.
His uncanny likeness fooled many people into thinking that he was in fact the real McCoy taking in a bit of shopping while on official business in Ipswich. Many locals who shook hands and passed on well wishes to Mark were convinced that they were meeting the royal prince and they would be the envy of their friends.
Many shoppers posed for photographs with the look-alike and no doubt will cherish the moment for years to come.
Mark who is studying to become a television producer makes a living impersonating the royal prince and Mr Sorhaindo said he is sure he is not alone in thinking the resemblance to Wills is uncanny.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
He added: "We were very impressed with Mark's resemblance and thought that he would make a great act to compliment our own special celebrations which included other entertainers such as Eric Zany. He really did cause a stir at the centre and also when he walked through Tavern Street in the town."