One prince in the tower was a fake
IT was looking distinctly like a re-run of the old Prince in the Tower tale but customers at an Ipswich shopping mall were only momentarily deceived.Tower Ramparts Shopping Centre played host to HRH Prince William but in reality it was look-alike Mark Rattigan.
IT was looking distinctly like a re-run of the old Prince in the Tower tale but customers at an Ipswich shopping mall were only momentarily deceived.
Tower Ramparts Shopping Centre played host to HRH Prince William but in reality it was look-alike Mark Rattigan.
Center manager Mike Sorhaindo who was in the throws of his own special golden jubilee celebrations commissioned the special guest and the royal pretender went on tour in the mall.
His uncanny likeness fooled many people into thinking that he was in fact the real McCoy taking in a bit of shopping while on official business in Ipswich. Many locals who shook hands and passed on well wishes to Mark were convinced that they were meeting the royal prince and they would be the envy of their friends.
You may also want to watch:
Many shoppers posed for photographs with the look-alike and no doubt will cherish the moment for years to come.
Mark who is studying to become a television producer makes a living impersonating the royal prince and Mr Sorhaindo said he is sure he is not alone in thinking the resemblance to Wills is uncanny.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 8 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
He added: "We were very impressed with Mark's resemblance and thought that he would make a great act to compliment our own special celebrations which included other entertainers such as Eric Zany. He really did cause a stir at the centre and also when he walked through Tavern Street in the town."