One prince in the tower was a fake
IT was looking distinctly like a re-run of the old Prince in the Tower tale but customers at an Ipswich shopping mall were only momentarily deceived.Tower Ramparts Shopping Centre played host to HRH Prince William but in reality it was look-alike Mark Rattigan.
IT was looking distinctly like a re-run of the old Prince in the Tower tale but customers at an Ipswich shopping mall were only momentarily deceived.
Tower Ramparts Shopping Centre played host to HRH Prince William but in reality it was look-alike Mark Rattigan.
Center manager Mike Sorhaindo who was in the throws of his own special golden jubilee celebrations commissioned the special guest and the royal pretender went on tour in the mall.
His uncanny likeness fooled many people into thinking that he was in fact the real McCoy taking in a bit of shopping while on official business in Ipswich. Many locals who shook hands and passed on well wishes to Mark were convinced that they were meeting the royal prince and they would be the envy of their friends.
You may also want to watch:
Many shoppers posed for photographs with the look-alike and no doubt will cherish the moment for years to come.
Mark who is studying to become a television producer makes a living impersonating the royal prince and Mr Sorhaindo said he is sure he is not alone in thinking the resemblance to Wills is uncanny.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 4 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
He added: "We were very impressed with Mark's resemblance and thought that he would make a great act to compliment our own special celebrations which included other entertainers such as Eric Zany. He really did cause a stir at the centre and also when he walked through Tavern Street in the town."