One rescued from Ipswich house blaze

ONE person was rescued from a house fire in Ipswich tonight.

ONE person was rescued from a house fire in Ipswich tonight.

Neighbours alerted firefighters to a kitchen blaze at the Turin Street property at 9.45pm, and when crews arrived they helped rescue one person.

The incident was under control within 20 minutes. The condition of the person rescued, who was treated by paramedics, was not clear last night.

Meanwhile, there was also a fire at a first floor flat at The Foyer in Star Lane, Ipswich, which broke out at 10.30pm.

Three fire crews were called but it was brought quickly under control. Police sealed off the area and were investigating the incident.