One star rating is not good enough
POLITICIANS have slammed Suffolk Social Care services for receiving just 'one star' from the Government in a new assessment.The Department of Health ratings, revealed in the Evening Star last week showed that Suffolk County Council provides proper services to just 'some' of the adults and children in its care.
POLITICIANS have slammed Suffolk Social Care services for receiving just 'one star' from the Government in a new assessment.
The Department of Health ratings, revealed in the Evening Star last week showed that Suffolk County Council provides proper services to just 'some' of the adults and children in its care.
Mary Crane, Conservative spokeswoman for caring and protecting said: "This should come as no surprise and responsibility for it should be laid firmly at the door of the Labour and Liberal Democrat administration.
"In spite of our often-expressed concerns, they consistently failed to face up to, and address, the problems within social care, failing to ensure that increased spending was matched by improved services.
"This now seems to have changed, our message seems to have got through and we are pleased to see that the future is more promising and the administration themselves are promising rapid progress towards better services.
"Naturally, the Conservatives support this and we will endeavour, through rigorous scrutiny, to ensure that progress is achieved."
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 4 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 5 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 6 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 7 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 10 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road