All the fun of the fair at Manning’s Amusements open day in Felixstowe, 1997
- Credit: Archant
An open day at Manning’s Amusements in Felixstowe promised to be a fun affair for children of all ages to enjoy in 1997.
The event attracted hundreds of children to the seafront venue.
We delved into our archives and found pictures captured by one of our photographers on the day, which show children having fun on the rides, bumper cars and the many other attractions on offer.
The funfair at Manning’s Amusement Park in Felixstowe launched in 1933 and was built by Sir Billy Butlin.
It has been owned and managed by the Mannings family since 1946.
You may also want to watch:
The brightly-coloured amusements building is still open today, with funfair rides and a thriving Sunday market all year round.
Can you spot yourself or anyone you know in these pictures from our archives? Email our picture desk.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 3 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 4 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront