Open days for future pupils at Ipswich School and Prep School
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich School and Ipswich Prep School will open its doors to children and their families on Saturday.
The open morning event has been extended this year, giving people more time to have a look around the facilities, meet teachers, current pupils and take part in interactive games and activities.
The senior school in Henley Road, which includes a sixth form centre, will be open from 10am to 2pm, while the prep school in Ivry Street will be open from 10am to 1pm.
Headmaster Nicholas Weaver said: “There will be plenty of exciting things to see and do, which will hopefully provide visitors with an excellent insight into the school and what we can offer girls and boys to help them reach their full potential.”
For visitors aged three to five there will be the chance to visit an Enchanted Forest in the prep school with tea parties, fairies and elves between 10am and 12noon – call 01473 281302 to book a session.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a student-led tour of classrooms, along with welcome talks from Mr Weaver at 10.45am and 12.15pm, and from Amanda Childs, head of Ipswich Prep, at 10.15am.
On the following Saturday, October 3, the sport’s department of Ipswich School will host an open morning.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
People will be able to watch the school’s teams in action and see the sports facilities the school has to offer on Saturday, October 3.
The morning will include an under 14s netball session between 10.00am-11.30am, and an under 18s and under 16s girls’ hockey session between 10.00am-12.00noon, both at Ipswich School Sports Centre in Rushmere.
There will also be first and second team rugby matches at the Notcutts playing field, off Henley Road, between 11.00am-12.20pm.
For more details, visit: www.ipswich.school/openmorning