Open days for future pupils at Ipswich School and Prep School
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich School and Ipswich Prep School will open its doors to children and their families on Saturday.
The open morning event has been extended this year, giving people more time to have a look around the facilities, meet teachers, current pupils and take part in interactive games and activities.
The senior school in Henley Road, which includes a sixth form centre, will be open from 10am to 2pm, while the prep school in Ivry Street will be open from 10am to 1pm.
Headmaster Nicholas Weaver said: “There will be plenty of exciting things to see and do, which will hopefully provide visitors with an excellent insight into the school and what we can offer girls and boys to help them reach their full potential.”
For visitors aged three to five there will be the chance to visit an Enchanted Forest in the prep school with tea parties, fairies and elves between 10am and 12noon – call 01473 281302 to book a session.
There will also be a student-led tour of classrooms, along with welcome talks from Mr Weaver at 10.45am and 12.15pm, and from Amanda Childs, head of Ipswich Prep, at 10.15am.
On the following Saturday, October 3, the sport’s department of Ipswich School will host an open morning.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 7 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
People will be able to watch the school’s teams in action and see the sports facilities the school has to offer on Saturday, October 3.
The morning will include an under 14s netball session between 10.00am-11.30am, and an under 18s and under 16s girls’ hockey session between 10.00am-12.00noon, both at Ipswich School Sports Centre in Rushmere.
There will also be first and second team rugby matches at the Notcutts playing field, off Henley Road, between 11.00am-12.20pm.
For more details, visit: www.ipswich.school/openmorning