Opera boyband to perform in Suffolk
CLASSICAL boy band G4 will be appearing in Newmarket this summer, it has been announced today.The group, who came to prominence after taking part in the X-Factor talent search television show, will be appearing at the first Newmarket July Festival.
CLASSICAL boy band G4 will be appearing in Newmarket this summer, it has been announced today.
The group, who came to prominence after taking part in the X-Factor talent search television show, will be appearing at the first Newmarket July Festival.
The group appeared on the X-Factor in 2004 and despite losing out on the winning place to Steve Brookstein, they have gone on to become the most successful make group to come from a reality television show.
The group - whose name stands for Guildhall Four - are known for their style of music which sees them give an opera style to pop songs including Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and Radiohead's Creep.
Local school choirs will also be invited to perform at Newmarket as opening acts for G4.
The Newmarket July Festival is being developed around the town's major race meeting, the Ritz Club July Festival.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 6 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 10 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
The festival will open on Tuesday July 10 with a concert at Newmarket's July Course by G4.
G4 will be at Newmarket Race Course on Tuesday July 10. To book tickets visit www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or call 01638 675 500.