Opinion: Independent view vital
IT IS right that external regulators should be brought in to investigate the appointment of Suffolk County Council boss Andrea Hill.Never before has an appointment such as this caused such division in the county council, not only among the opposition but also among members of the leading party.
IT IS right that external regulators should be brought in to investigate the appointment of Suffolk County Council boss Andrea Hill.
Never before has an appointment such as this caused such division in the county council, not only among the opposition but also among members of the leading party.
If it is found that the council has broken the rules over how Ms Hill was appointed serious questions need to be asked over whether they are the right people to run Suffolk.
The Tories believe they have found the right person for the job and to drive modernisation in the county.
You may also want to watch:
Must it come at such a price?
Leader of the council Jeremy Pembroke said he believes the decision is the right one and that if things are not done right it is the vulnerable people in the community who will suffer.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
They are already suffering, day care centres are already being shut down and cuts are being made across the community to save the millions of pounds that are necessary.
For the council to be able to find extortionate amounts of money to pay one member of staff, yet not to be able to save the services that matter to people really does beggar belief.