Orwell Bridge reopens following closure
- Credit: Archant
The Orwell Bridge was briefly closed this evening following concerns for the welfare of a member of the public.
Suffolk Constabulary were called to the bridge at 7.51pm on Friday evening, March 15 following reports of concern for the man.
Police temporarily closed the bridge in both directions between junctions 56 and 57 while officers spoke to the man.
A spokesman for the police said: “We were called to the bridge this evening following reports that a distressed man was walking along the bridge.
“The bridge was later reopened at around 8.30pm after the man was brought back to safety.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that once the man was off the bridge, he was placed in the care of health care staff, although an ambulance was not called to the scene.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich