Lane reopens after multi-vehicle crash causes long delays on A14
- Credit: Archant
The A14 has fully reopened after a multi-vehicle crash on the approach to the Orwell Bridge involving a BMW, a Volvo, a Vauxhall and an Isuzu caused long delays.
Police were called to reports of a four-car collision on the westbound carriageway of the A14 shortly before 7.30am today.
The cars collided on the approach to the Orwell Bridge on the Felixstowe side, near to the Shell garage and one lane was closed while the cars were recovered.
It is believed that there were not any serious injuries caused by the incident.
The AA had reported delays of up to 35 minutes on the road with tailbacks lasting for five miles, back past junction 58 to Levington however, since the road has reopened, the congestion has began to clear.
You may also want to watch:
There were also delays on the eastbound carriageway as traffic passes the crash, however they were less severe.
- 1 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: See the faces of the criminals locked up this week
- 3 Suffolk and Essex on standby for snow
- 4 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 5 More than 1,700 Covid patients now discharged from hospitals
- 6 Firefighters issue warning after wood burner fire almost spreads across house
- 7 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 8 Kesgrave woman writes book on incredible journey from suicide attempt to ultra marathon
- 9 Ipswich Town supporters group post mock front page outside Portman Road, calling for Lambert to go
- 10 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert