Orwell Bridge set to stay open despite strong winds in Suffolk
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
The Orwell Bridge is set to remain open despite a weather front bringing strong winds to the region throughout today.
Wind speeds of around 45mph are expected on Suffolk’s coastline today with temperatures at an ‘exceptionally mild’ 18 degrees.
Despite the high winds, there has been no suggestion from Highways England that the bridge will close and speeds are expected to remain below the threshold for closure.
Forecaster for Weatherquest, Phil Garner, said: “We have got a front coming in from the west today.
“This morning will be cloudy with the risk of showers in isolation.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be sunnier this afternoon but there will still remain the risk of an odd shower.
“Winds will be mild to strong from the south west. Inland wind speeds are looking at 40mph, but on the coast it will be more like 45mph.
- 1 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 2 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 3 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 6 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 9 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 10 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
“It will be exceptionally mild this morning, with highs of 18 degrees but things will cool down later on to around 13 degrees.”