Our Throwback Thursday series continues as we look back at November 1982
- Credit: Archant
Our Throwback Thursday series continues today, featuring sporting legends Roger Taylor and George Burley, as we cast our minds back to November 1982.
Tennis Star Roger Taylor visited Ipswich in 1982 as he opened a new indoor tennis court for the Fulcher School of Tennis in Ipswich.
The two-time US Open Men’s Doubles champion also played a game on the courts with a - very large - tennis racket.
In the same month, environment and sport minister Neil Macfarlane visited the town.
November 1982 also saw horse riding lessons at Christchurch Park, and people of all ages took up the opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
The Corn Exchange was the venue for a sports fashion show with Ipswich Town star George Burley who signed autographs for young fans at the event.
For more nostalgic pictures from the town, become a member of our Ipswich Remembers Facebook group.
To share your own memories and pictures with us from November 1982, email our picture desk.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 10 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting