Outreach programme for Great East Run opens
- Credit: Suffolk County Council
Registration has opened for the renowned Great East Run outreach programme.
Twenty-five Suffolk residents who are currently inactive are being given the opportunity to sign up for a supported run training programme in Ipswich, with the aim of completing the challenge of the Great East Run half marathon on September 26, 2021.
Participants will receive an extensive programme of support including guidance from double Olympic long-distance runner Paul Evans.
The programme developed by Suffolk’s Most Active County initiative is open to individuals over the age of 18 who do less than 30 minutes moderate to vigorous physical activity per week.
Stuart Keeble, director of public health, said: “This programme provides an incredible opportunity for 25 Suffolk residents to take that first step to an active lifestyle and all the benefits this can provide.”
The Great East Run returns in 2021 following its cancellation in 2020 due to the pandemic and is anticipated to sell out with 4,000 runners taking the start line.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams