Outstanding Co-op staff recognised
OUTSTANDING staff from across East Anglia have been recognised for their sterling work at one of the region's best known businesses. The inaugural East of England Co-operative Society OSCAS - Outstanding Service to Customers and Staff - was staged at Trinity Park in Ipswich last night .
OUTSTANDING staff from across East Anglia have been recognised for their sterling work at one of the region's best known businesses.
The inaugural East of England Co-operative Society OSCAS - Outstanding Service to Customers and Staff - was staged at Trinity Park in Ipswich last night .
Hundreds of employees from Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex attended to hear who had triumphed in the seven categories.
And it was a member of staff from the Paul's Road Warehouse in Ipswich who walked away with the top gong. Austin Soloman was rewarded for his continued excellence with the Society Employee of the Year award.
Elsewhere, Framlingham Solar scooped a silver award in Supermarket of the Year, and Felixstowe Pharmacy won gold in the Specialist Retail category.
Giles Newman, from the Solar Felixstowe Co-op won silver in the Supermarket Employee award, and Margaret Sheppard from Whitton Co-op Foodstore won gold in the Local Food Store Employee category.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 3 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 4 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 5 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 6 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 7 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 8 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 9 'Real vote of confidence' - New Travelodge starts building work by stadium
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
Miriam Harrup, from the Co-op, said the evening had proved a real success.
She continued: “This is the first event of its kind for us.
“It was held to recognise colleagues from across the society for their exceptional contribution during the past year with a range of awards being made to both individuals and branches, culminating with one very special award to the society's first Employee of the Year.”
Do you know someone who deserves an award for their hard work? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com
n. See Tuesday's Evening Star for an eight page picture special of the awards night.