Hundreds of Ipswich homes have power restored after two major overnight power cuts
- Credit: PA
Power has been restored to hundreds of homes in Ipswich after two major overnight power cuts in the town.
More than 600 homes were without power at one point earlier last night due to faults with underground electricity cables, according to UK Power Networks’ website.
UK Power Networks confirmed that 308 properties were left without electricity in the IP3 8 postcode area of Ipswich, close to Foxhall Road and Back Hamlet, from9.07pm..
UK Power Networks said in a statement on its website: “An underground electricity cable has faulted on our high voltage network, causing an area wide power cut.
“Our engineers are working hard to fix it as quickly as possible. We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused you.”
In a statement close to half past midnight, the company confirmed that most of the homes had had power restored.
Meanwhile, another 342 properties in the IP4 3 and IP6 9 areas, near Westerfield Road and Tuddenham Road, suffered a power cut at 10.30pm.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
By 11.30pm, 177 homes were still without power, but power had been restored to the other 165. Homes in the IP1 1 and IP4 4 areas were earlier affected by this power cut.
By 11.50pm, most of these homes had their power back on.
UK Power Networks has this morning confirmed that all homes affected have had their power restored.