Overhead wire damage cancels trains between Ipswich and Cambridge
- Credit: citizenside.com
Passengers using Abellio Greater Anglia services between Ipswich and Cambridge could face long delays this morning.
Damage to the overhead electric wires at Cambridge has blocked all lines running to and from the station.
Trains may be cancelled, delayed or revised at short notice, the rail operator has said, and disruption is expected until the end of the day.
Network Rail engineers are on the scene and all train movements have been stopped while they investigate the problem.
London-bound services running through Witham are also being disrupted this morning due to a signalling fault.
You may also want to watch:
Main line trains are currently being delayed by up to 20 minutes in both directions.
Delays are expected to last until approximately 10am.
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
An Abellio Greater Anglia spokesman said: “We are sorry if your travel plans are affected by this disruption.”
For a full list of delayed and cancelled services, visit journeycheck.com/greateranglia