Owner of mystery clothes located
COASTGUARDS and police were called to investigate the possible disappearance of a man after discarded clothes were found on a beach in Felixstowe.The clothes were found at Felixstowe Ferry, at the mouth of the River Deben, by a member of the public at around 8am yesterday.
COASTGUARDS and police were called to investigate the possible disappearance of a man after discarded clothes were found on a beach in Felixstowe.
The clothes were found at Felixstowe Ferry, at the mouth of the River Deben, by a member of the public at around 8am yesterday.
After police investigations, the man was eventually traced and reunited with his clothes at around midday.
Police called for assistance from coastguards at 8.30am to mount a search of the nearby water. Coastguard teams from Felixstowe and Harwich, along with the Felixstowe Coast Patrol Rescue Boat all searched the area after fears that the man could be in trouble at sea.
You may also want to watch:
They called their search off at 10.50am.
A police spokesman said that they did not know why the man had left his clothes on the beach and that there was no indication that the man had been in the sea..
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 8 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 9 'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
- 10 Is Babergh Council the 'neighbour from hell' in planning?