Popular paddling pool in park reopening after pump breaks down
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters were getting their feet wet again today as Bourne Park paddling pool in Ipswich reopened after being closed for part of yesterday.
The popular park water feature had to close for most of yesterday after its pump broke down.
However, today it was announced the pump had been mended and Ipswich Borough Council said on Twitter that the pool would be reopening at 11am, commenting: “Grab your swimming costumes, hats and sun cream for some fun in the sun! Why not bring a picnic and make a day of it?”
The paddling pool and playground were upgraded earlier this year, reopening just before the May half term.
A borough council spokesman said, “They’ve been packed, and have been extremely popular during the glorious summer weather.
You may also want to watch:
“The playground and pool have proved to be a great attraction for families, and the water feature at Holywells Park has been very popular too.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers