Paedophile faces jail
THIS is the face of grinning paedophile Andrew Pettit who today faces jail after sexually assaulting a five year old girl.Pettitt of Brooksfield, Bildeston could face jail after pleading guilty to four charges of indecently assaulting the girl.
THIS is the face of grinning paedophile Andrew Pettit who today faces jail after sexually assaulting a five year old girl.
Pettitt of Brooksfield, Bildeston could face jail after pleading guilty to four charges of indecently assaulting the girl.
He was captured on camera smiling as he left his hearing at Ipswich Crown Court.
The 51-year-old also pleaded guilty to making and collecting indecent photographs of children.
Although the charges of assault against the child relate to offences committed 20 years ago the four counts of making indecent photographs of children relate to March 2006.
The charges of possessing 50 indecent images of children relate to May last year.
- 1 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 2 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 6 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 7 Travel: Our night at boutique hotel with rooftop bar and incredible views
- 8 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 10 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
Pettitt, was ordered to sign the sex offenders' register informing police of any change of name or address.
Marc Brown mitigating said of his client: “He recognises there will almost certainly be a custodial sentence”.
Judge John Devaux ordered a pre-sentence report and renewed Pettitt's bail until sentencing.
Pettitt is due to be sentenced during the week commencing August 28.
Judge Devaux said: “I will order a pre-sentence report and renew bail but you must understand that this does not mean you won't be sent to prison”.
n. What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com