Paedophile jailed for two years
A MAN described as a "dangerous paedophile" has been jailed for two years.David Hewitt, 29, sexually abused a young girl over a period of 18 months, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
A MAN described as a "dangerous paedophile" has been jailed for two years.
David Hewitt, 29, sexually abused a young girl over a period of 18 months, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Hewitt, of Smithy Close, Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds admitted six offences of indecent assault when he appeared before Bury St Edmunds Crown Court in August.
On that occasion he was described by prosecution counsel Hugh Vass as a dangerous paedophile.
You may also want to watch:
Hewitt was remanded in custody until yesterday for reports.
Judge Nicholas Beddard jailed him for two years with an extended licence period of five years. He also ordered him to sign on the Sex Offenders register for 10 years.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
The court heard that Hewitt had indecently touched the girl over an 18-month period while she was under the age of 10.
He had been frank with the police after his arrest and had admitted what he had done.
He told police he had been addicted to pornography and had been having fantasies about younger and younger girls.
Nicola May, for Hewitt said her client had hated himself for what he had done to the girl and felt genuine remorse.