Paedophile jailed for two years
A MAN described as a "dangerous paedophile" has been jailed for two years.David Hewitt, 29, sexually abused a young girl over a period of 18 months, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
A MAN described as a "dangerous paedophile" has been jailed for two years.
David Hewitt, 29, sexually abused a young girl over a period of 18 months, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Hewitt, of Smithy Close, Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds admitted six offences of indecent assault when he appeared before Bury St Edmunds Crown Court in August.
On that occasion he was described by prosecution counsel Hugh Vass as a dangerous paedophile.
You may also want to watch:
Hewitt was remanded in custody until yesterday for reports.
Judge Nicholas Beddard jailed him for two years with an extended licence period of five years. He also ordered him to sign on the Sex Offenders register for 10 years.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 7 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 8 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 9 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 10 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
The court heard that Hewitt had indecently touched the girl over an 18-month period while she was under the age of 10.
He had been frank with the police after his arrest and had admitted what he had done.
He told police he had been addicted to pornography and had been having fantasies about younger and younger girls.
Nicola May, for Hewitt said her client had hated himself for what he had done to the girl and felt genuine remorse.