Pair appear in court over Ipswich shop raids
- Credit: Archant
Two men who appeared in court this morning charged with offences relating to raids on shops across Ipswich have had their cases sent up to crown court.
Nicholas Balderstone, 25, appeared before magistrates this morning charged with one count of robbery relating to an armed raid at the Premier store in Garrick Way, Ipswich on Monday night.
Balderstone, of no fixed address, is also accused of threatening a person with a blade during the same incident – in such a way that there was an immediate risk of serious physical harm.
His case was sent up to Ipswich Crown Court and he will appear there on November 30.
Iain McCall, 29, of Barnard Square also appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court today charged with two counts of robbery – relating to raids on Three Penny Convenience Store in Bridge Street and Stoke Off-Licence in Austin Street.
You may also want to watch:
McCall also had his case referred to Ipswich Crown Court where he will appear on November 30.
Both Balderstone and McCall were remanded in custody.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
A 25-year-old woman who was arrested following the Austin Street and Bridge Street raids has been bailed pending further enquiries until December 5.