Two men - aged 71 and 40 - arrested following attempted burglary in Suffolk village
- Credit: Archant
Two men – including a 71-year-old – have been arrested following an attempted burglary in Bentley.
According to a spokesman at Suffolk police, it happened on Monday, March 18 at a property on Capel Road.
He said: “The offender was disturbed by the elderly occupant and he left the property empty handed.”
A 40-year-old-man and 71-year-old man have been arrested on suspicion of burglary and suspicion of attempted burglary following an incident at a property on High Road West in Felixstowe which also happened on the March 18.
Both men were taken to Martlesham Police investigation Centre for questioning and have subsequently been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
If you have any information about this crime, contact Suffolk Police South CID on 101 quoting crime reference 37-15414-19. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or make a report through the charity’s anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 5 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 6 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 7 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 8 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich