Pair bailed in fatal Ancaster Road stabbing investigation in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Two men arrested yesterday in connection with a fatal stabbing around Ancaster Road, Ipswich, have been bailed.
Officers were called to Ancaster Road by paramedics at around 6.30pm on Wednesday, February 8, to reports that a man had been stabbed.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment but died a short time later.
A post mortem examination confirmed the cause of death was a stab wound to the abdomen, and the victim has been formally identified as Dean Stansby, aged 41, from Trimley St Mary.
Suffolk police officers yesterday arrested a 33-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of murder, who has now been bailed to return on May 24.
Police also detained a 36-year-old man on suspicion of assisting an offender, who has been bailed to return on May 23.
A total of seven people have been arrested since the investigation began, all of whom are on police bail.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 8 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.