Pair bailed in fatal Ancaster Road stabbing investigation in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Two men arrested yesterday in connection with a fatal stabbing around Ancaster Road, Ipswich, have been bailed.
Officers were called to Ancaster Road by paramedics at around 6.30pm on Wednesday, February 8, to reports that a man had been stabbed.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment but died a short time later.
A post mortem examination confirmed the cause of death was a stab wound to the abdomen, and the victim has been formally identified as Dean Stansby, aged 41, from Trimley St Mary.
Suffolk police officers yesterday arrested a 33-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of murder, who has now been bailed to return on May 24.
You may also want to watch:
Police also detained a 36-year-old man on suspicion of assisting an offender, who has been bailed to return on May 23.
A total of seven people have been arrested since the investigation began, all of whom are on police bail.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 40 new technology jobs announced at BT
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.