Pair caught dealing heroin and crack cocaine to be sentenced
- Credit: Archant
Two drug dealers who were involved in the supply of heroin and crack cocaine will be sentenced later this month.
Before Ipswich Crown Court today were Carl Mowles, 43, of Wells Road, Ipswich, and Mickell Douglas, 20, of London, who have each admitted possessing heroin and crack cocaine with intent to supply.
Douglas has also admitted being in breach of a suspended prison sentence for possessing heroin with intent to supply.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, said Douglas had come from London with drugs and Mowles had been recruited to deal them on the street.
The men were due to have been sentenced today (Tuesday) but the hearing was adjourned until later this month to allow Douglas to be legally represented.
You may also want to watch:
Adjourning the hearing Judge David Goodin told Douglas it would be unfair to sentence him for such serious offences without him being represented by a lawyer.
Both men were remanded in custody until the sentencing hearing.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 8 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch