Vandals knock down garden walls and fences outside Ipswich homes
- Credit: Ipswich Police/Twitter
Police are hunting a gang of youths suspected of knocking down fences and garden walls outside eight Ipswich properties.
Officers were called just before 10pm on Saturday, November 21 to a report of a brick wall having been kicked over in Palmcroft Road, in the Castle Hill area of town.
A police spokesman said: “The reporting person had given chase to a group of suspects – described as two males and two females, wearing dark-clothing and believed to be teenagers. One was seen to run off in the direction of Congreve Road.
“Following enquiries, another eight properties in Palmcroft Road were found to have garden walls or fences knocked down.
“Officers would like to hear from any witnesses, or anyone who saw a group of teenagers acting suspiciously in the area, between 9.30pm and 10pm on Saturday night.”
You may also want to watch:
Call Ipswich West safer neighbourhood team on 101, quoting 67692/20, or visit suffolk.police.uk/contact-us.
- 1 US investors 'on verge' of buying Ipswich Town and appointing Paul Cook as manager
- 2 The Ipswich pubs preparing to reopen beer gardens on April 12
- 3 'Industrial scale' fly-tipping at Suffolk beauty spot
- 4 Patio doors smashed during house raid
- 5 Are you in our photos from Ipswich nightspot Brannigans in 2003?
- 6 Murder investigation into death of woman at Ipswich flat dropped
- 7 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Calls go 'through the roof' at Ipswich hair salon after lockdown lifting news
- 9 Elderly man jailed for historic sex crimes against young girls
- 10 Grieving family's distress after NHS asks for compensation to be paid back