Vandals knock down garden walls and fences outside Ipswich homes
- Credit: Ipswich Police/Twitter
Police are hunting a gang of youths suspected of knocking down fences and garden walls outside eight Ipswich properties.
Officers were called just before 10pm on Saturday, November 21 to a report of a brick wall having been kicked over in Palmcroft Road, in the Castle Hill area of town.
A police spokesman said: “The reporting person had given chase to a group of suspects – described as two males and two females, wearing dark-clothing and believed to be teenagers. One was seen to run off in the direction of Congreve Road.
“Following enquiries, another eight properties in Palmcroft Road were found to have garden walls or fences knocked down.
“Officers would like to hear from any witnesses, or anyone who saw a group of teenagers acting suspiciously in the area, between 9.30pm and 10pm on Saturday night.”
You may also want to watch:
Call Ipswich West safer neighbourhood team on 101, quoting 67692/20, or visit suffolk.police.uk/contact-us.
- 1 Burglar who targeted aunt's home while she was at her son's funeral is jailed
- 2 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 3 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 4 New bid for supermarket on Anglia Retail Park could be submitted
- 5 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 6 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 7 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 8 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 9 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 10 Global property firm acquires huge new Suffolk logistics site