Parents’ delight as Ormiston Families step in to revive after school club at Cliff Lane Primary, in Ipswich
Parents at an Ipswich primary school have spoken of their relief after children’s charity Ormiston Families stepped in to re-open a breakfast and after-school club.
Cliff Lane Primary School has been without an out-of-hours service since October when the Seagulls after-school club closed.
Officials from Ormiston contacted the school and have been working with them since then to create a new club. It officially re-opened on Monday.
Sarah Brown, from Ormiston Families, said: “We have worked hard with parents and the school to create the best wrap-around care we can for the pupils at Cliff Lane. We are looking forward to continuing the service and developing it to meet the needs of local families.”
Headteacher Jane Needle added: “We are delighted to have the Ormitots breakfast and after-school club providing such a vital service. We were looking for a high quality provision that every child would enjoy and that is what we’ve got.”
The closure of the Seagulls club last month left many parents with a race against time to find alternative care arrangements. It was announced just days after it emerged clubs at Rose Hill and Heath primary schools were also closing.
You may also want to watch:
Some parents had to re-arrange work hours while others were relying on friends and family members.
One parent said: “Without the breakfast and after school club we were all feeling stressed and wondering how we’d manage.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 5 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
The club, called Ormitots, will be open to Cliff Lane pupils during term time between 7.30-8.50am and 3.10-6pm.
For more information, call Ormiston Families on 01473 724549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org