Parking boost at Portman Road
FOOTBALL car parking getting a boost in Ipswich – with special disabled bays now available.The New Portman Road car park, open to the general public on Saturdays and football match days, now has 50 spaces reserved for disabled badge holders.
FOOTBALL car parking getting a boost in Ipswich – with special disabled bays now available.
The New Portman Road car park, open to the general public on Saturdays and football match days, now has 50 spaces reserved for disabled badge holders.
This is to cater for the fact that there are now allocated seats for people with disabilities in the north stand.
Richard Walker, car parks manager for Ipswich Borough Council, said: "We have been in dialogue with Ipswich football club to talk about parking. We are trying to make things easier for all fans, especially for people with disabilities. I am just delighted that we have been able to help."
Richard Powell, customer services manager of Ipswich Town Football Club, said: "Ipswich Town Football Club are proud to have increased capacity for our disabled supporters and are very grateful for the 50 parking spaces specifically for disabled badge holders within the New Portman Road car park.
"Our supporters should note that these spaces will be sold, on entry, on a first come first served basis."
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 4 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 Cladding replacement work on Ipswich Waterfront flats delayed until new year
In addition, the pay and display Great Gipping Street car park has been extended, with parking where the old Drill Hall used to be.
People wanting to make a quick visit to the Ipswich Town shop will also have reserved parking spaces - that cannot be used by commuters - in the Great Gipping Street car park.