Parking boost at Portman Road
FOOTBALL car parking getting a boost in Ipswich – with special disabled bays now available.The New Portman Road car park, open to the general public on Saturdays and football match days, now has 50 spaces reserved for disabled badge holders.
FOOTBALL car parking getting a boost in Ipswich – with special disabled bays now available.
The New Portman Road car park, open to the general public on Saturdays and football match days, now has 50 spaces reserved for disabled badge holders.
This is to cater for the fact that there are now allocated seats for people with disabilities in the north stand.
Richard Walker, car parks manager for Ipswich Borough Council, said: "We have been in dialogue with Ipswich football club to talk about parking. We are trying to make things easier for all fans, especially for people with disabilities. I am just delighted that we have been able to help."
You may also want to watch:
Richard Powell, customer services manager of Ipswich Town Football Club, said: "Ipswich Town Football Club are proud to have increased capacity for our disabled supporters and are very grateful for the 50 parking spaces specifically for disabled badge holders within the New Portman Road car park.
"Our supporters should note that these spaces will be sold, on entry, on a first come first served basis."
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
In addition, the pay and display Great Gipping Street car park has been extended, with parking where the old Drill Hall used to be.
People wanting to make a quick visit to the Ipswich Town shop will also have reserved parking spaces - that cannot be used by commuters - in the Great Gipping Street car park.