Passport fury over 'German' son
A COUPLE have criticised the Home Office after being told their fourth British-born son is German.Neil Bickers and Amanda Jaeger where stunned when they were told their son Lewis would have to have a German passport, despite being born in Ipswich Hospital.
A COUPLE have criticised the Home Office after being told their fourth British-born son is German.
Neil Bickers and Amanda Jaeger where stunned when they were told their son Lewis would have to have a German passport, despite being born in Ipswich Hospital.
Miss Jaeger, 29, spent the first two weeks of her life in Germany but has lived in Britain ever since. She has three children who are classed as British citizens.
However, a change in UK law and the fact the couple are not married meant Lewis, now two years old, had to adopt the nationality of his mother's native country.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Jaeger was born in Paderborn, Germany, so Lewis is now classed as German with a German passport.
She said: "The passport law has changed and I think it is ridiculous. I have been in England since I was two weeks old. Lewis has never been to Germany and will probably never go."
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 9 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S STAR