Patient praises doctor
A GRATEFUL patient has today spoken of the difference a dedicated doctor made to his life, as he nominated him for a prestigious award.Peter Nash, 78, was nervous and worried before his hip replacement operation in September but he said the care of consultant orthopaedic surgeon Tim Brammar helped him through the experience.
A GRATEFUL patient has today spoken of the difference a dedicated doctor made to his life, as he nominated him for a prestigious award.
Peter Nash, 78, was nervous and worried before his hip replacement operation in September but he said the care of consultant orthopaedic surgeon Tim Brammar helped him through the experience.
Mr Nash, of The Street, Eyke, said: “I can not speak too highly of Mr Brammar. The attention I received from him was excellent, he was so approachable, with a good sense of humour and was so caring.
“Once he had operated he was round to see me twice a day, always smiling, I can't think anything would ruffle him.
You may also want to watch:
“He really deserves recognition; he is obviously dedicated to his work.
“I said I'd like him to do my next hip if I need the operation - hopefully I won't!
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
“I shall never forget Mr Brammar and will always be grateful for the difference he has made to my life.”
Mr Brammar is the latest Ipswich Hospital worker to be nominated for recognition as part of The Evening Star's Patients Award.
This year's winner of award will be presented with their award, along with other winners from the hospital's awards, at the Celebrating Our Stars Award Evening on Thursday, April 24.
To nominate a member of staff at Ipswich Hospital write to Linda Cooper, press office, Victor Bonney Offices, NO57, Ipswich Hospital, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD. The closing date for nominations is Friday, February 29, 2008.
Have staff at Ipswich Hospital helped save or transform your life? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.