Patient praises doctor
A GRATEFUL patient has today spoken of the difference a dedicated doctor made to his life, as he nominated him for a prestigious award.Peter Nash, 78, was nervous and worried before his hip replacement operation in September but he said the care of consultant orthopaedic surgeon Tim Brammar helped him through the experience.
A GRATEFUL patient has today spoken of the difference a dedicated doctor made to his life, as he nominated him for a prestigious award.
Peter Nash, 78, was nervous and worried before his hip replacement operation in September but he said the care of consultant orthopaedic surgeon Tim Brammar helped him through the experience.
Mr Nash, of The Street, Eyke, said: “I can not speak too highly of Mr Brammar. The attention I received from him was excellent, he was so approachable, with a good sense of humour and was so caring.
“Once he had operated he was round to see me twice a day, always smiling, I can't think anything would ruffle him.
“He really deserves recognition; he is obviously dedicated to his work.
“I said I'd like him to do my next hip if I need the operation - hopefully I won't!
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 5 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 6 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
“I shall never forget Mr Brammar and will always be grateful for the difference he has made to my life.”
Mr Brammar is the latest Ipswich Hospital worker to be nominated for recognition as part of The Evening Star's Patients Award.
This year's winner of award will be presented with their award, along with other winners from the hospital's awards, at the Celebrating Our Stars Award Evening on Thursday, April 24.
To nominate a member of staff at Ipswich Hospital write to Linda Cooper, press office, Victor Bonney Offices, NO57, Ipswich Hospital, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD. The closing date for nominations is Friday, February 29, 2008.
Have staff at Ipswich Hospital helped save or transform your life? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.