Patter of tiny paws
PROFESSIONAL dancer Gavin Hatcher has told of his delight at expecting his first child with pop star partner Natasha Hamilton.The former Co-op Junior added he wanted to marry the Atomic Kitten singer, who has revealed she is three months' pregnant, when the time was right.
PROFESSIONAL dancer Gavin Hatcher has told of his delight at expecting his first child with pop star partner Natasha Hamilton.
The former Co-op Junior added he wanted to marry the Atomic Kitten singer, who has revealed she is three months' pregnant, when the time was right.
Mr Hatcher, 27, originally from Ipswich, said he was looking forward to becoming a father.
"I'm really excited about it – I couldn't be happier. It wasn't planned, but it was a very welcome surprise," he added.
The couple have been together for 16 months and Ms Hamilton already has a 22-month old son, Josh, from a previous relationship.
Her group – whose hits included Whole Again, The Tide Is High and Eternal Flame – are currently on a break from recording and performing and Ms Hamilton is due to give birth in January.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 7 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 10 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
"We had talked about having children and we both knew we were ready. We hadn't planned anything, but we thought 'If it happens, great'," said Mr Hatcher, whose parents, Alan and Melanie, live in Kesgrave.
He added: "She's doing great, coping with the morning sickness. I love Natasha and Josh more than anything in the world and I can't wait for the birth."
Mr Hatcher, who was appeared in a string of musicals and danced with pop acts including Hear'Say, Steps, Dannii Minogue and Sophie Ellis-Bextor, met Ms Hamilton while he was working with Atomic Kitten.
The pair's relationship became public knowledge when they were snapped by the paparazzi on holiday.
Mr Hatcher, who was taught by Ipswich dance instructor Linda Shipton and performed with the Co-op Juniors from an early age, said Ms Hamilton had recently moved in with him in Wanstead, east London.
Ms Hamilton, 21, who is originally from Liverpool, said: "I was ecstatic when I found out the news and the timing couldn't have been better, coming as it does during the band's time out.
"Just like me and Gav, Josh is so excited about having a little baby brother or sister to play with."
Her bandmate, Jenny Frost, added: "I'm so happy for Tash and Gav and now it gives me an excuse to go shopping for cute little baby outfits."