Paula's friend clings to hope
A CLOSE friend of prostitute Paula Clennell last night refused to accept she may be dead.The 51-year-old man, who lives with the missing 24-year-old in Elliott Street, Ipswich, is clinging to the belief that she is far too “streetwise” to have been lured to her death.
A CLOSE friend of prostitute Paula Clennell last night refused to accept she may be dead.
The 51-year-old man, who lives with the missing 24-year-old in Elliott Street, Ipswich, is clinging to the belief that she is far too “streetwise” to have been lured to her death.
Speaking after the bodies of two women were found in Levington yesterday, he said: “She is so resourceful and I think it would be hard for someone to crack her but I have to say, it's not looking good.
“She's very streetwise, sharp as a razor and quick as a whippet. I can't imagine anyone would get the better of her - and I just hope I'm right.”
Miss Clennell, who also spent time at various other addresses in the town, was known to work as a prostitute, primarily in the Handford Road area.
She was known to have many friends and associates - but also many other people who had turned against her.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 5 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 6 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 7 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 8 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
The friend said: “She could be likeable but her biggest let down was the drugs - it made her unpredictable.
“She has loads of friends and lots of acquaintances but she had loads of enemies as well. I don't know who would do anything like this though.”