Paula's friend clings to hope
A CLOSE friend of prostitute Paula Clennell last night refused to accept she may be dead.The 51-year-old man, who lives with the missing 24-year-old in Elliott Street, Ipswich, is clinging to the belief that she is far too “streetwise” to have been lured to her death.
A CLOSE friend of prostitute Paula Clennell last night refused to accept she may be dead.
The 51-year-old man, who lives with the missing 24-year-old in Elliott Street, Ipswich, is clinging to the belief that she is far too “streetwise” to have been lured to her death.
Speaking after the bodies of two women were found in Levington yesterday, he said: “She is so resourceful and I think it would be hard for someone to crack her but I have to say, it's not looking good.
“She's very streetwise, sharp as a razor and quick as a whippet. I can't imagine anyone would get the better of her - and I just hope I'm right.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Clennell, who also spent time at various other addresses in the town, was known to work as a prostitute, primarily in the Handford Road area.
She was known to have many friends and associates - but also many other people who had turned against her.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
The friend said: “She could be likeable but her biggest let down was the drugs - it made her unpredictable.
“She has loads of friends and lots of acquaintances but she had loads of enemies as well. I don't know who would do anything like this though.”