Road to be closed for emergency repairs
- Credit: Archant
A village road is to be closed for the majority of a day so highways workers can carry out emergency repairs to the carriageway.
Suffolk Highways, which maintains most of the county’s road network, announced on Twitter that it would be shutting Pannington Hall Lane, in Wherstead, near Ipswich, between 8.30am and 4.30pm today (Wednesday, December 12).
It asked motorists to follow the signposted diversion route long the A137 and The Street, Wherstead.
Suffolk Highways is responsible for the maintenance of roads and pavements in the county.
This includes fixing potholes, as well as planning works like resurfacing and other improvement schemes.
You may also want to watch:
The organisation gives greater priority to the repair of roads that carry the most vehicles, with the most critical roads being fixed in two hours if they are seen to have defects.
Anyone with questions about the Wherstead road closure should call Suffolk Highways on 0345 606 6171.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules after reports of 'gathering'
- 4 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk