Pensioner dies after freak crash
A PENSIONER has died following a freak road accident in Aldeburgh.An 84-year-old man died in Ipswich Hospital yesterday morning, following a crash in which he was knocked off his bicycle on August 29.
A PENSIONER has died following a freak road accident in Aldeburgh.
An 84-year-old man died in Ipswich Hospital yesterday morning, following a crash in which he was knocked off his bicycle on August 29.
Police said they were called to the incident at 9.50am by a member of the public who reported the man had fallen off his pedal cycle when a driver had opened their car door and caught him.
An ambulance took the man to Ipswich Hospital with serious head injuries, where he later died.
An investigation is under way and police are renewing appeals for anyone who saw the incident, which happened opposite the cinema, to call Sgt Steve Knight or PC Denise Baldry at Halesworth Roads Policing Unit on 01986 835350.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 6 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Women suffers leg injuries after crash on village road outside Ipswich
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 10 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'