Pensioner dies two weeks after crash
AN ELDERLY man died in hospital two weeks after being in a car crash, police revealed today.Cyril Friend suffered what were thought to be non-life threatening injuries in the accident on February 22.
POLICE today confirmed they have arrested a woman, after an elderly man died in hospital following a road accident.
89-year-old Cyril Friend died in Ipswich Hospital on Tuesday - a fortnight after a two-car smash in Ipswich.
And a police spokeswoman today said a 49-year-old Ipswich woman had been arrested in connection with the incident.
The woman has not been charged at this stage. She was released on bail to reappear before officers on April 30.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the accident, it was believed that Mr Friend, of Great Finborough, near Stowmarket, had not suffered life-threatening injuries.
He had been travelling as a passenger in a BMW 3-series which was involved in a collision with a VW Polo, near the junction of Valley Road and Henley Road, Ipswich on February 22.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
Three fire crews were called to the scene of the two-car smash after reports four people were trapped. All four casualties were released from the wreckage and were taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
An 83-year-old woman, a 60-year-old woman and a 53-year-old woman travelling in the car with Mr Friend, also suffered minor injuries in the smash. Two women travelling in the VW Polo also suffered slight injuries.