Pensioner in road collision
AN 80-year-old man was today taken to hospital after the mobility scooter he was driving was involved in a road smash.Emergency services were called to the junction of Norwich Road and Sherrington Road shortly after 1pm.
A 79-year-old man was today the victim of a hit and run driver on an Ipswich street.
Emergency services were called to the junction of Norwich Road and Sherrington Road shortly after 1pm.
Lisa Miller spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “He was crossing a pelican crossing on a green light on his mobility scooter when he was hit by a vehicle that drove off towards the direction of Ipswich town centre.
“Witnesses have described the vehicle as a silver Rover 214.”
The man was taken to Ipswich Hospital with a suspected knee injury.
Mrs Miller added: “We are appealing for witnesses or the driver of the vehicle to come forward.”
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 8 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 9 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 10 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
Anyone with any information should call PC Steph Cook on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800555111.