Pensioner jailed for child sex assault
A SUFFOLK pensioner who sexually assaulted a young girl and had hundreds of images of child pornography has been jailed.Seventy-eight year old Colin Wilson indecently assaulted the nine-year-old girl while she sat on his lap, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
A SUFFOLK pensioner who sexually assaulted a young girl and had hundreds of images of child pornography has been jailed.
Seventy-eight year old Colin Wilson indecently assaulted the nine-year-old girl while she sat on his lap, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
When police searched his home in Wilfield Gardens, Ipswich, they also discovered a huge amount of child pornography on Wilson's computer.
A total of 880 indecent photographs were found on Wilson's computer mainly at level one, but 85 were at the more serious level four and four were at the worse level, five.
Stephen Dyble, prosecuting said although Wilson never penetrated the girl he had on regular occasions touched her private parts.
Mr Dyble added: “He said she sat on his lap and he was rubbing her stomach and she had pushed his hand downwards. “He told her it was naughty and was not to happen.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 7 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 8 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 9 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 10 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
“He maintained it was the child who was leading this activity by taking his hand and pushing it down.”
Wilson, of previous good character, pleaded guilty to two specimen charges of indecent assault in 1981 and 1982.
He also admitted 16 charges of possessing indecent images of children.
Naomi Perry, mitigating, urged the judge to pass a suspended jail sentence due to his age and character and said a community order would help Wilson “gain an insight into what he has done.”
Judge Neil McKittrick said: “You have not fully come to realise the extent of your conduct and your risk.
“You have been dependent over the years on adult pornography and that led to child pornography and your method of getting your satisfaction.”
Wilson was jailed for 15 months and his licence period was extended by three years so he could complete a sex offenders' rehabilitation programme.
He was also placed on the sex offenders' register and told he could never work with children.