Pensioner power wins day
PENSIONER power has won the day in Ipswich.The borough council has reversed its decision to increase the cost of its travel cards for senior citizens.
PENSIONER power has won the day in Ipswich.
The borough council has reversed its decision to increase the cost of its travel cards for senior citizens.
The council will now refund money to pensioners as travel vouchers for bus services.
Transport Spokeswoman Penny Breakwell said: "We listened to our travel card customers and I'm pleased to say we were able to reconsider the proposed increase. We are always keen to encourage the use of public transport and wherever possible make it the preferred option."
You may also want to watch:
Those who have already purchased the travel cards will be sent a refund in the form of a £2 voucher. The voucher will be valid for 5 journeys (usual fare 40 pence) on local buses.
Travel card holders do not need to claim their vouchers in person as they will be posted to all card holders in early April.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 4 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 5 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 7 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head
- 10 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order