‘I couldn’t believe what I was seeing’: Baby seal spotted on Felixstowe beach
- Credit: Archant
Beachgoers were treated to a rare sight in Felixstowe when a baby seal was spotted among the pebbles.
Photographer Sophie Hendin captured some shots of the young pup in the Landguard area on Tuesday.
Sophie said she called the RSPCA and the animal welfare charity said the pup had been checked by an officer and was fine.
She said: “I kept my distance from the seal pup and zoomed in with my iPhone camera.
“I called the RSPCA to notify them and they said that other people had called and the seal had been checked by an inspector and all was OK.
“The seal was gone next day so mum must have come back for it.
“It was a wonderful experience to see the seal pup in Felixstowe. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing at first.
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 3 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 7 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 8 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 9 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 10 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
“I have seen adult seals on the banks of the Orwell and Deben but never on the beaches of Felixstowe.”