Person rescued from burning flat
A person was rescued from a burning flat by firefighters last night.The person was rescued when firecrews were called to a flat above the Spar shop in Bridge Road, Lowestoft.
A person was rescued from a burning flat by firefighters last night.
The person was rescued when firecrews were called to a flat above the Spar shop in Bridge Road, Lowestoft.
Initially three firecrews were called to the scene at just before 11pm but additional crews were later requested.
Firecrews from Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth, Ipswich, Beccles and Normanshurst attended the blaze.
A fire service spokeswoman said the two storey building consisted of a ground floor and first floor flat and was “well alight'' when firefighters arrived.
The spokeswoman added that all persons had been accounted for but firefighters were still tackling the blaze.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 7 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 8 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 9 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 10 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
Last night, a police spokeswoman said officers were at the scene but the fire was not being treated as suspicious.