Two men trapped after car and trailer roll over at Heathlands Park in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Two men were trapped under a car and trailer following a collision at Heathlands Park in Ipswich this morning.
Police officers, fire crews, paramedics rushed to the scene near Foxhall Road just after 9.30am today, Friday, August 11.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called to support the rescue efforts.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “One person was trapped under the car and the other person was trapped under the trailer.
“They were removed with assistance from the fire service.
You may also want to watch:
“Both men were taken to hospital by land ambulance.”
A spokeswoman from the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two ambulances, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended and treated two patients.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
“A man in his 70s with a shoulder and hip injury and a patient who was walking wounded were taken to Ipswich Hospital.
“Both patient’s injuries are believed to be non-life threatening.”
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said three fire engines were sent to the scene to help free the men from under the vehicles.
“Within 19 minutes we had arrived, assessed the situation and a stop was called.”