Pervert jailed for attack on girl, 12
PERVERT Adrian Arbon is behind bars today after sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl.The attack happened as the sat on a sofa watching television with other children, a court heard.
PERVERT Adrian Arbon is behind bars today after sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl.
The attack happened as the sat on a sofa watching television with other children, a court heard.
The girl had been huddled under a duvet with four other children watching videos when a very drunk Adrian Arbon sat next to her and indecently assaulted her.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that Arbon, 30, put his hands down her top. He then rubbed her legs up and down with his hand and touched her crotch over her underwear.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Kelly, prosecuting, said: "Her sister began to notice what was happening and put her hand on her sister's leg to stop him. He said 'I'm trying to finger your sister'. The sister said she wanted to go home. Arbon said no one was going home and he put both hands in the air and said 'I will be a good boy now.'"
The court heard that the 12-year-old was "scared" throughout the assault, which lasted a few minutes.
- 1 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 2 'Microshop' selling only American candy opens in Ipswich
- 3 What are the best curry houses in Ipswich?
- 4 Criminals confess to nearly 400 offences thanks to specialist police unit
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Can you spot yourself in our Copdock Motorcycle Show gallery?
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 9 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 10 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements
The girl told her mother what had happened and Arbon was arrested. He told police he was "extremely drunk" so much so that he had wet himself and could not remember the incident.
Arbon, who has committed previous offences but not of a sexual nature, said: "It is not in my nature to do this and I couldn't see myself doing it."
He said it must have been "bloody horrible" for the girl. He accepted that the children had no reason to lie so he pleaded guilty to committing indecent assault.
Caroline Bryant, mitigating, said her client had family problems and Arbon had been a heavy drinker since he was 15. Arbon said he usually started drinking alcohol at noon each day and eventually passed out around midnight.
A pre-sentence report recommended that Arbon be sentenced to a community rehabilitation order which would address his alcohol problem.
However sentencing Arbon yesterday , Judge John Devaux said the offence was so serious that only an immediate custodial sentence could be passed.
Arbon was jailed for 10 months and ordered to sign the sex offenders' register and remain on the register for the next 10 years.