Pervert jailed for attack on girl, 12
PERVERT Adrian Arbon is behind bars today after sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl.The attack happened as the sat on a sofa watching television with other children, a court heard.
PERVERT Adrian Arbon is behind bars today after sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl.
The attack happened as the sat on a sofa watching television with other children, a court heard.
The girl had been huddled under a duvet with four other children watching videos when a very drunk Adrian Arbon sat next to her and indecently assaulted her.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that Arbon, 30, put his hands down her top. He then rubbed her legs up and down with his hand and touched her crotch over her underwear.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Kelly, prosecuting, said: "Her sister began to notice what was happening and put her hand on her sister's leg to stop him. He said 'I'm trying to finger your sister'. The sister said she wanted to go home. Arbon said no one was going home and he put both hands in the air and said 'I will be a good boy now.'"
The court heard that the 12-year-old was "scared" throughout the assault, which lasted a few minutes.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
The girl told her mother what had happened and Arbon was arrested. He told police he was "extremely drunk" so much so that he had wet himself and could not remember the incident.
Arbon, who has committed previous offences but not of a sexual nature, said: "It is not in my nature to do this and I couldn't see myself doing it."
He said it must have been "bloody horrible" for the girl. He accepted that the children had no reason to lie so he pleaded guilty to committing indecent assault.
Caroline Bryant, mitigating, said her client had family problems and Arbon had been a heavy drinker since he was 15. Arbon said he usually started drinking alcohol at noon each day and eventually passed out around midnight.
A pre-sentence report recommended that Arbon be sentenced to a community rehabilitation order which would address his alcohol problem.
However sentencing Arbon yesterday , Judge John Devaux said the offence was so serious that only an immediate custodial sentence could be passed.
Arbon was jailed for 10 months and ordered to sign the sex offenders' register and remain on the register for the next 10 years.