Peter Andre meets hundreds of fans at special Ipswich calendar and perfume signing
- Credit: Archant
Pop star and TV presenter Peter Andre dropped by the Buttermarket in Ipswich this afternoon to meet hundreds of ecstatic fans for a special signing session.
The Mysterious Girl singer chose Ipswich as one of four locations in the country for an exclusive signing of his calendars and new perfume which is being released in stores in June.
Hundreds of fans from children to octogenarians lined up for a chance to meet their idol, before posing for photos and having their goodies signed.
Peter said: “I love coming out and meeting my fans – they have been so supportive of me.”
Fans lucky enough to enjoy a selfie with the pop star spoke of their delight in getting to meet him – with some enjoying a cuddle or a kiss on the cheek.
For one family, his meeting proved to be a very emotional experience.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Banks, 40, said: “My daughter [Megan] suffers from anorexia so she has been in hospital most of the last year.
“He was really encouraging – she has met him before but he had just really positive thoughts and encouraging words.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
Megan, 13, added: “I think I just had a heart attack! He said some special things and was really lovely.”
Janet Smith, 63, who met him alongside daughter Vicki, 39, said: “He is lovely – he is just an ordinary person who doesn’t assume anything about everyone.”
Vicki added: “We follow him and we go to every concert. He gives you all the time in the world, and smells lovely!”
Fans came from across the country for a chance to chat to the star, 44, who has gone on to write books,and appear in and present reality shows.
One group came from as far afield as Portsmouth, Peterborough, Southend and Northamptonshire, having all met at a previous signing . The group regularly meet up on his tours and have come to be on first name terms with Peter.
Leah Allen, 20, said: “I have been travelling since seven this morning from Portsmouth – it’s really nice to see him.”
Heidi reed, 42, from Southend added: “We all met through his signings. He gives the time for you and he is just so down-to-earth it’s lovely.”
Claire Powell, manager, said: “His Ipswich fans always come out and he really cares about his fans – he always says I wouldn’t be where I am without them.”