Peter Andre meets hundreds of fans at special Ipswich calendar and perfume signing
- Credit: Archant
Pop star and TV presenter Peter Andre dropped by the Buttermarket in Ipswich this afternoon to meet hundreds of ecstatic fans for a special signing session.
The Mysterious Girl singer chose Ipswich as one of four locations in the country for an exclusive signing of his calendars and new perfume which is being released in stores in June.
Hundreds of fans from children to octogenarians lined up for a chance to meet their idol, before posing for photos and having their goodies signed.
Peter said: “I love coming out and meeting my fans – they have been so supportive of me.”
Fans lucky enough to enjoy a selfie with the pop star spoke of their delight in getting to meet him – with some enjoying a cuddle or a kiss on the cheek.
For one family, his meeting proved to be a very emotional experience.
Jane Banks, 40, said: “My daughter [Megan] suffers from anorexia so she has been in hospital most of the last year.
“He was really encouraging – she has met him before but he had just really positive thoughts and encouraging words.”
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 8 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 9 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
Megan, 13, added: “I think I just had a heart attack! He said some special things and was really lovely.”
Janet Smith, 63, who met him alongside daughter Vicki, 39, said: “He is lovely – he is just an ordinary person who doesn’t assume anything about everyone.”
Vicki added: “We follow him and we go to every concert. He gives you all the time in the world, and smells lovely!”
Fans came from across the country for a chance to chat to the star, 44, who has gone on to write books,and appear in and present reality shows.
One group came from as far afield as Portsmouth, Peterborough, Southend and Northamptonshire, having all met at a previous signing . The group regularly meet up on his tours and have come to be on first name terms with Peter.
Leah Allen, 20, said: “I have been travelling since seven this morning from Portsmouth – it’s really nice to see him.”
Heidi reed, 42, from Southend added: “We all met through his signings. He gives the time for you and he is just so down-to-earth it’s lovely.”
Claire Powell, manager, said: “His Ipswich fans always come out and he really cares about his fans – he always says I wouldn’t be where I am without them.”