Peter Andre set for Ipswich gig
INSANIA is set to sweep through Suffolk today as news spreads that Peter Andre will be supporting Westlife in Ipswich this summer.He is the first big act to be added to the bill of the concert to be held in Chantry Park on July 31.
INSANIA is set to sweep through Suffolk today as news spreads that Peter Andre will be supporting Westlife in Ipswich this summer.
He is the first big act to be added to the bill of the concert to be held in Chantry Park on July 31.
Peter originally found fame in the mid-1990s with a string of hits including Flava, Mysterious Girl and I Feel You and became famed for his well-toned, well-oiled physique.
However, he disappeared from the limelight toward the end of the decade and he faded from sight until he was invited to take part in the third series of ITV1's I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
He found national fame once more thanks to his flirtatious antics with glamour model Jordan, who has since become his girlfriend, his philosophising and his songwriting while in the jungle.
Radio 1's Chris Moyles successfully spearheaded a campaign to get Mysterious Girl re-released and following Andre's return to Britain it entered the charts at number one.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 10 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
His second single, Insania, which created a craze across the country when he gave television viewers a sample of it while he was still languishing in the jungle, is due to be released on May 31. It will be followed by a national tour starting next month before he joins Westlife on a handful of their summer dates.
More names are expected to be added to the bill of the Westlife concert in the run up to the event which is being sponsored by the Evening Star and SGR FM and is fast shaping up to be one of the hottest dates on the Ipswich entertainment calendar.
It is being brought to town by John Hessenthaler Promotions which is also bringing two other big concerts to Ipswich this summer – Busted in Christchurch Park on July 16 and Status Quo on July 24.
n Westlife, supported by Peter Andre, will be performing in Chantry Park, in Ipswich, on July 31. Tickets cost £26.50 (plus booking fee) and are available by calling 08700 722167.