Petrol prices rising in Suffolk
Petrol prices for motorists in Suffolk are continuing to rise, the latest Evening Star petrol survey has revealed.The survey of 14 petrol stations around Suffolk has shown that several petrol stations have recently put up fuel prices.
Petrol prices for motorists in Suffolk are continuing to rise, the latest Evening Star petrol survey has revealed.
The survey of 14 petrol stations around Suffolk has shown that several petrol stations have recently put up fuel prices.
This can only get worse as the coming war with Iraq forces up crude oil prices.
Shell has just put up the price of unleaded by 2p a litre and diesel by 1p a litre. BP has put up the price of diesel and LRP (lead replacement fuel) by 1p a litre. Sainsburys has also put up its prices since Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Around Ipswich you can now expect to pay around 75.2ppl for unleaded, 76.6ppl for diesel and 79.9ppl for LRP.
Simon Woodings, the AA spokesman for East Anglia, said: "The talk of possible conflict with Iraq and the petrol workers strike in Venezuela has sent prices soaring over Christmas by 2, 3 or 4 pence per litre. This has hit rural motorists in East Anglia hard as they have to travel further to get their petrol and as there is less competition about.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 7 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
The cheapest places to go in Ipswich are the Shell Ranelagh on London Road and the Sainsbury's station on Hadleigh Road.
In Stowmarket the cheapest are the Stowmarket Service Station on Combs Ford or the Stowupland Service Station on Church Road.
While in Felixstowe, the cheapest are the BP Express in the Felixstowe Dock Service Area, Anzani Avenue and in Woodbridge, the Shell garage on Grove Road.
Bixley Road Service Station, Bixley Road, Ipswich
BP Express, Felixstowe Dock Shopping Area, Anzani Avenue, Felixstowe
BP Express, Woodbridge Road, Ipswich
Fina Beacon Hill Service Station, Norwich Road, Coddenham, Ipswich
Haynings Service Station, Saxmundham Road, Woodbridge
4 Star: 79
Haven Service Station, Dock Road, Felixstowe
NPM Services, London Road, Capel St. Mary, Ipswich
Sainsburys, Hadleigh Road, Ipswich
Shell Ranelagh, London Road, Ipswich
Shell UK, 24 Grove Road, Woodbridge
Station Garage, Burrell Road, Ipswich
Sterling Motor Group, Nacton Road, Ipswich
Sterling Motor Group, Stowmarket Service Station, Church Road, Stowupland, Stowmarket
Stowupland Service Station, Combs Ford, Stowmarket
Tothill Services Ltd, Tothill Garage, Tothill, Stowmarket