Petrol problems could continue for weeks
PETROL problems in the county could last for several weeks as petrol suppliers travel further a field to get fuel.A fire at a large oil refinery in Coryton, Essex, has meant that many large suppliers of petrol, such as BP, have been forced to travel further to meet demands causing a delay in getting fuel to the forecourts.
PETROL problems in the county could last for several weeks as petrol suppliers travel further a field to get fuel.
A fire at a large oil refinery in Coryton, Essex, has meant that many large suppliers of petrol, such as BP, have been forced to travel further to meet demands causing a delay in getting fuel to the forecourts.
As revealed in yesterday's Evening Star some filling stations around the county had no fuel left and others were running low.
However the situation has eased today, with many garages in the region able to serve all types of petrol following deliveries yesterday.
Sheila Williams, spokeswoman for BP, said: “It's a moving picture in terms of supply but we are trying our best to ensure that everybody has some fuel so you might get a site that's out of fuel one day and one on the other side that has some.”
Dharmaretnam Chibha, the manager of the Felixstowe Docks service station, in Anzani Avenue, Felixstowe, was left without unleaded petrol for four days and is still having problems getting it.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
He said: “We have got plenty of diesel but we have no unleaded at all.
“Another delivery is due to come again tonight and I've heard the suppliers are going to get a couple of ships from abroad, but it could be another couple of weeks before things go back to normal.”
Sue Mower, cashier at Shell UK in Norwich Road, Ipswich said they were short of normal unleaded petrol but had super diesel and super unleaded. She added no restrictions had been put on but they were running short.
n. Have you been affected by the problems? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current price of unleaded petrol per litre:
>Lady Lane Garages, Lady Lane, in Hadleigh: £99.9p
>Lamberts Garage, in Stowmarket: £1.01p
>Felixstowe Docks Garages, Anzani Avenue, in Felixstowe: 98p
>Jet Fuelforce Ltd, A12 in Ipswich: 99p