Photo evidence for drivers
DRIVERS caught speeding can view photographic evidence of their offences online today.Suffolk police's new public access system will give secure access to evidence on alleged speeding offences and has been installed in a bid to minimise delays and reduce unnecessary paperwork.
DRIVERS caught speeding can view photographic evidence of their offences online today.
Suffolk police's new public access system will give secure access to evidence on alleged speeding offences and has been installed in a bid to minimise delays and reduce unnecessary paperwork.
Notices of intended prosecution, sent to people captured on camera, now display a unique pin allowing people to log onto a secure online system and check all the evidence relating to their alleged offence, including photographs, site details and information about the speed cameras.
Michelle Finnerty, communications manager for the Suffolk Safety Camera Partnership, said: “The public are increasingly turning to the internet to do everything from shopping to banking and have come to expect quick and efficient access to information.
“The introduction of the public access system means that we can streamline correspondence and offer a more time efficient and cost effective service to the public.”
Since the system went live in mid September, around 4,500 motorists have logged on to view offence photographs.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 5 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 6 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 7 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 8 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 9 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 10 Suffolk Pita festival returns for 10th anniversary
Are you pleased you can now see evidence of speeding offences? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.