Days gone By: Are you in our gallery from Framlingham Gala in 1986?
- Credit: IVAN SMITH
Do you remember all the fun of Framlingham Gala in years gone by?
Today we are looking back to the 1986 event - with photos showing floats, a marching band and the Gala Queen with her princesses.
There were some great costumes on show, with a pirate theme proving popular. Majorettes also took part, and our photos show some of their entertaining displays.
As well as the colourful procession, as usual there was plenty of entertainment on the Castle Meadow.
MORE: Rolling back the years to Framlingham Gala in the 1960s and 70s Framlingham Gala has been one of East Suffolk’s most popular events for more than 100 years, though sadly this May’s event had to be cancelled because of coronavirus.
However, organisers are looking forward to the three-day spectacular returning bigger and better than ever next year.
You may also want to watch:
What are your memories of Framlingham Gala? Email firstname.lastname@example.org To order photos, visit www.eadt.co.uk/myphotos24, or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 4 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 7 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 8 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 9 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'