Pick your favourite Town shirt
THOUSANDS of Ipswich Town fans have so far voted in the great debate over the next home shirt to be worn by the team from next season.But there are fewer than 200 votes separating the first and the third place shirts as the voting really takes off.
THOUSANDS of Ipswich Town fans have so far voted in the great debate over the next home shirt to be worn by the team from next season.
But there are fewer than 200 votes separating the first and the third place shirts as the voting really takes off.
The three possible shirts to be worn for the next two seasons are based on those worn by the club during its three most memorable seasons.
One is based on the designed used when Ipswich Town won the second division and league championship trophies in successive seasons in 1961 and 1962.
The plain blue shirt is similar to that worn by the 1978 FA Cup winning side, while the thin white striped shirt was worn by the 1981 UEFA Cup heroes.
Ipswich Town sales and marketing director Andrew Goulborn brought the shirts to The Evening Star offices as part of his live broadcast on Radio Suffolk.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
He said: “We have so far had more than 3,600 votes for the new shirts - and it is the closest we have ever had.
“Clearly the fans are voting for which of three legendary teams meant the most to them. My own particular favourite is the shirt based on the 1962 team.
“That design was actually introduced in 1958, so with this design designed to last from 2007 to 2009 it would really be the 50th anniversary of that original strip.
“But I know all fans have their own thoughts on which would be the best shirt.”
Voting for the new shirts continues until December 2. The result will be announced a few days later.
You can vote by calling into a Planet Blue Store, by filling in the form in tomorrow's matchday programme, or by visiting the Ipswich Town website - www.itfc.co.uk - where there are also details of premium-rate phone and text services you can call.