Plane crashes in Duxford
A PLANE has crashed in Cambridgeshire today, injuring the pilot.The T33 jet trainer plane came down in a potato field near the A505 about 2.30pm today and split into three pieces.
A PLANE has crashed in Cambridgeshire today, injuring the pilot.
The T33 jet trainer plane came down in a potato field near the A505 about 2.30pm today and split into three pieces.
The 59-year-old pilot of the privately owned jet was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital. It is not known how seriously he was injured.
His passenger was treated at the scene but did not need hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Army air crews from Wattisham were deployed to the scene at 2.40pm in case the injured parties needed to be flown to specialist spinal injury hospitals.
However, the pilot and his passenger did not use their ejector seats and so are not thought to have suffered back injuries and the helicopter was therefore stood down.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 8 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car