Plans for future of Babergh council offices on Corks Lane, Hadleigh, to be unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Plans for the future of Babergh District Council’s former offices in Hadleigh will be unveiled for the first time this month.
Hadleigh residents are being invited to put forward their views on the plans for the district council’s former headquarters on Corks Lane at exhibitions in the town this month.
The proposals envisage a residential redevelopment of the site.
The plans will be unveiled on April 11 at the cricket pavilion on Friars Road, Hadleigh, between 3pm and 8pm, followed by a second event in the Guild Room in Hadleigh Town Hall, between 3pm and 8pm, on Wednesday April 18.
Representatives from Babergh District Council, Purcell Architects and Lawson Planning Partnership Ltd will be on hand at both events to discuss the plans and answer any questions.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Ridley, Babergh District Council’s cabinet member for assets and investment, said: “The former offices on Corks Lane is in a wonderful location, between the cricket field and the River Brett and overlooking a main road into the town.
“We know just how important this site is to Hadleigh. That’s why we’re determined to get future plans for it right, and these events are a chance for everyone in Hadleigh to see just how we’re doing that.
- 1 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians
- 10 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
“Everyone is welcome to drop in and put their questions to us and find out what the next stages are for these buildings.”