Plasterers killed when car hit tree
TWO young plasterers were killed when the car they were travelling in hit a tree on a rural Suffolk road, an inquest heard.Darren Welton, 20, and Samuel Fordham, 28, died after a crash on the A145 road at the Sotherton crossroads, near Beccles, earlier this year.
TWO young plasterers were killed when the car they were travelling in hit a tree on a rural Suffolk road, an inquest heard.
Darren Welton, 20, and Samuel Fordham, 28, died after a crash on the A145 road at the Sotherton crossroads, near Beccles, earlier this year.
They were passengers in a blue Nissan Almera, which left the road near Henham just after 7am on January 23 and hit a tree.
At an inquest held at Lowestoft magistrates court Suffolk coroner Peter Dean said that the two men were being driven to work near Norwich, where they worked as plasterers, when the car hit the tree and rotated clock-wise before coming to rest in a field next to the road.
Mr Fordham, of Saxmundham, was pronounced dead at the scene and Mr Welton, of Kelsale, sustained serious injuries and died in hospital later that day.
Mr Dean said: “Clearly what we have here is a tragic accident that led to the loss of these two young men's lives.” He recorded a verdict of accidental death.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
On September 1, Samuel Morphey - who was driving the car at the time of the crash - admitted driving without due care and attention.
Morphey, 25, of High Street in Yoxford, was fined £420 and disqualified from driving for 12 months.