Plasterers killed when car hit tree
TWO young plasterers were killed when the car they were travelling in hit a tree on a rural Suffolk road, an inquest heard.Darren Welton, 20, and Samuel Fordham, 28, died after a crash on the A145 road at the Sotherton crossroads, near Beccles, earlier this year.
TWO young plasterers were killed when the car they were travelling in hit a tree on a rural Suffolk road, an inquest heard.
Darren Welton, 20, and Samuel Fordham, 28, died after a crash on the A145 road at the Sotherton crossroads, near Beccles, earlier this year.
They were passengers in a blue Nissan Almera, which left the road near Henham just after 7am on January 23 and hit a tree.
At an inquest held at Lowestoft magistrates court Suffolk coroner Peter Dean said that the two men were being driven to work near Norwich, where they worked as plasterers, when the car hit the tree and rotated clock-wise before coming to rest in a field next to the road.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fordham, of Saxmundham, was pronounced dead at the scene and Mr Welton, of Kelsale, sustained serious injuries and died in hospital later that day.
Mr Dean said: “Clearly what we have here is a tragic accident that led to the loss of these two young men's lives.” He recorded a verdict of accidental death.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 9 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians
On September 1, Samuel Morphey - who was driving the car at the time of the crash - admitted driving without due care and attention.
Morphey, 25, of High Street in Yoxford, was fined £420 and disqualified from driving for 12 months.